geronimo-user mailing list archives

From weberjn <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why we need to provide security realm name to a standalone ejb client?
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 07:56:39 GMT

One could rather argue that a client should not know about an ejb's security
configuration. This should be only known in the ejb configuration, and
nowhere else, definitivly not on the client. The ejb deployer should be able
to switch from one security realm to another, without the client knowing.
> there's no easy way to predict which application's ejb or which ejb you
> want to call
I understand this is because security lookup is done during creation of the
InitialContext and the lookup with JNDI name is done in the next call.

An alternative would be to define an order of security realm lookups.

Greetings,
Juergen