It's not possible to expose stateless session bean as JAX-RS resource by only putting cxf/wink into WAR.   As  Java EE 5 app server, Geronimo 2.x does not have built-in logic to do this.  For pojo based jax-rs in Geronimo 2.x.

1, If you put wink/jax-rs-api in your war, there'll be no classpath issue at all because geronimo2.x does not contain them.

2, If you want to use cxf in your war, besides the method Kevan mentioned, you can still use class filter in geronimo deployment plan to avoid the potential classloading issues.