Hi,
   I am calling my ejb from a standalone java client. And both SR and EJB are deployed in same server.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
you only log in once... how are you accessing the ejb?

web app -- you will log into the web app and the identity will be propagated to the ejb when the web app calls the ejb

ejb web service -- what you show below should be appropriate, calling the ws should result in the http challenge and the ws client should return the credentials

remote ejb access -- the ejb client needs to authenticate with the server before you know what ejb app is being called.  You specify the security realm in the jndi properties IIRC.  You need to mark the security realm as global in order to use it with ejbs in this way.

Knowing which scenario you are in and seeing the security realm plan would be useful.

thanks
david jencks