geronimo-user mailing list archives

From dfr...@teamhuber.com
Subject AS/400 config JPA and Database Pools
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:07:58 GMT
I'm using JPA with an AS/400 (DB2/i) in an EJB/EAR application.

We're having trouble with rollbacks, which also has me wondering what else might work better
if I knew how to configure this correctly.

Does anyone have any best practices for this setup?  Do I need both a JTA and non-JTA
datasource defined for JPA? (I've read posts where that was needed for Derby.)

Also, when I create the server Database Pools, what values should I use?  Specifically,
I've been using Database Type "Other", but does using that reduce my functionality?
Should I be using one of the "DB2" values, even though its on the i? And what about Transaction
Type?

We're running WASCE 2.1.1.3.  Thanks!

David Frahm
Huber & Associates
Office: 573-634-5000, Mobile: 573-298-1040