geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAX-RS and Geronimo
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2011 21:22:34 GMT

On Jan 14, 2011, at 11:02 AM, KHAksnes wrote:

> Does anyone have a recomended way of creating JAX-RS web services using
> Geronimo?
> I want to use released production ready versions of Geronimo (either 2.2.1
> or 2.1.7)
> I have been considering implementing my Rest services as web applications
> either using CXF or WINK. The cleaner solution using annotated Stateless
> Enterprise beans is difficult to implement without full EE 6 support in
> Geronimo.
> What worries me most is class loader issues and version conflicts when
> integrating either CXF or WINK into a WAR (reverse classloading might or
> might not be a good idea)

Yes. This should work. I would use <hidden-classes> to avoid library version conflicts,
not inverse-classloading.

> A particular solution that might work is to use CXF 2.1.9 and the Jetty/CXF
> version of Geronimo 2.2.1, if this works I might only need to add the JAX-RS
> related jars from CXF to my web application. I will be running JAX-WS based
> web services, using annotated Stateless Enterprise beans and CXF on the same
> servers. I am using Maven so the my ideal solution is a working pom :-)

Not being familiar with the CXF JAX-RS implementation, I'm not sure if this would work. You
could assemble a server that includes the JAX-RS CXF jars in the CXF plugin. That would/should
avoid potential classloading issues. There may or may not be additional issues to be worked
through.

--kevan