geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where to specify the realm name for EJB
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:41:16 GMT
you only log in once... how are you accessing the ejb?

web app -- you will log into the web app and the identity will be propagated to the ejb when
the web app calls the ejb

ejb web service -- what you show below should be appropriate, calling the ws should result
in the http challenge and the ws client should return the credentials

remote ejb access -- the ejb client needs to authenticate with the server before you know
what ejb app is being called.  You specify the security realm in the jndi properties IIRC.
 You need to mark the security realm as global in order to use it with ejbs in this way.

Knowing which scenario you are in and seeing the security realm plan would be useful.

thanks
david jencks

On Jan 18, 2011, at 2:57 AM, sanjay kumar wrote:

> Hi All,
>   I am facing issues in calling my custom security realm. I have created my security
realm and deployed in Geronimo 2.2. This SR provides basic authentication. I need to call
this SR automatically (as a SR is supposed to do) whenever a call to ejb is made. Both the
EJB and SR are deployed in same server i.e Geronimno 2.2. But I am not able to find the correct
place in deployment plan of EJB.