geronimo-user mailing list archives

From sanjay kumar <sanjaykumar2891...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo 2.2, EJB call from client code running on same server
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:03:09 GMT
Hi all,
   I am trying to call an EJB from a client that is itself deployed in same
server i.e Geronimo 2.2. But I am getting Exception.
The code to call EJB is:
try {

            Context icontext=new InitialContext();
             obj = icontext.lookup("ejbName");
}

And I am getting exception as:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejbName
    at
org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(AbstractContext.java:167)
    at
org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(AbstractContext.java:605)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
    at
com.viithiisys.eadmin.security.EadminLoginModule.login(EadminLoginModule.java:123)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.ClassOptionLoginModule.login(ClassOptionLoginModule.java:58)
    at

I have @Local and @Remote annotations in the EJB. And it works properly when
called from external client. I have tried iContext.lookup("ejb/beanrefname")
as well as all these:
lookup("local:/ejb/UserManagerImplLocal");
.lookup("java:/comp/env/ejb/UserManagerImplLocal");

Can anyone give me any idea how to accomplish this.?
How to lookup an EJB from client code that resides in same server.?
and all that...
Regards:
Sanjay Kumar
sanjaykumar2891987@gmail.com