geronimo-user mailing list archives

From chi runhua <chirun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat logs
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 06:21:31 GMT
On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 1:53 PM, jcyim <jongchoul@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello.
>
> I am using geronimo 2.2 with tomcat in redhat linux.
> I was trying to see logs when lifecycle of Web Application (WAR) changed.
> because I wanted to check whether Web Application properly
> installed/uninstalled/started/stopped using viewing geronimo log files.
>
> You might want to look into /var/bin/Catalina/logs folder for
Tomcat-specfic logs.

I was struggling with the server configuration file which is
> server-log4j.properties, especially I modified the configuration of
> catalina
> log setting part of the server configuration file serveral times in a
> different way.
>
> but, I could not get the any log related tomcat in geronimo.log or/and
> geronimo.out.
> It seems to me that the configuration for catalina parts has no any effect.
>
> (I am not talking about access log-it works fine for me)
>
> anyone knows answer?
>
> one more question, according to default setting of server-log4j.properties,
> I expect that
> logs in geronimo.out and geronimo.log are supposed to be almost same. but
> the contents of two log files are quite different. why is that?

geronimo.out is the file that Geronimo's stdout and stderr streams will be
redirected to if Geronimo is started in the background.
geronimo.log is the log4j appender file which you can direct server runtime
logs into according to the server-log4j.propertie configuration.

HTH.

Jeff C