geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.2, EJB call from client code running on same server
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:31:07 GMT
Hi Sanjay,

IIUC you are trying to get to the ejb from a javaee app that is not part of the app containing
the ejb?

(if they are part of the same app your can use an ejb-link IIRC)

I think you can either include a properties object in new InitialContext(properties) with
the openejb jndi properties to use openejb jndi directly or include an ejb-ref or @EJB and
use some configuration in the geronimo plan to refer to the ejb in the other app.

hope this helps... it is not a complete answer but might point you in a useful direction.

thanks
david jencks

On Jan 17, 2011, at 12:03 AM, sanjay kumar wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I am trying to call an EJB from a client that is itself deployed in same server i.e
Geronimo 2.2. But I am getting Exception.
> The code to call EJB is:
> try {
>
>             Context icontext=new InitialContext();
>              obj = icontext.lookup("ejbName");
> }
>

> And I am getting exception as:
>
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejbName
>     at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(AbstractContext.java:167)
>     at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(AbstractContext.java:605)
>     at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
>     at com.viithiisys.eadmin.security.EadminLoginModule.login(EadminLoginModule.java:123)
>     at org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.ClassOptionLoginModule.login(ClassOptionLoginModule.java:58)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
> --
>

> I have @Local and @Remote annotations in the EJB. And it works properly when called from
external client. I have tried iContext.lookup("ejb/beanrefname")