geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception during startup for little-g (Tomcat) 2.2.1
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 03:48:51 GMT

On Jan 19, 2011, at 5:00 PM, Bill Brown wrote:

> Does this help uncover something more or do you have another idea of what I
> can try?  Thanks again for looking at this.

This particular error is occurring in a relatively minor point in our processing. Odds are
that you'll never notice this failure (unless you're using plugin repositories). However,
the fact that the decrypt is failing is concerning.

The contents of var/config/plugin-repositories.properties should look like:

#Wed Jan 19 22:06:33 EST 2011
http\://localhost\:8080/plugin/maven-repo/=system\={Simple}rO0ABXNyABlqYXZheC5jcnlwdG8uU2VhbGVkT2JqZWN0PjY9psO3VHACAARbAA1lbmNvZGVkUGFyYW1zdAACW0JbABBlbmNyeXB0ZWRDb250ZW50cQB+AAFMAAlwYXJhbXNBbGd0ABJMamF2YS9sYW5nL1N0cmluZztMAAdzZWFsQWxncQB+AAJ4cHB1cgACW0Ks8xf4BghU4AIAAHhwAAAAEHnh03EmiNu4VTuWH+xZiRBwdAADQUVT
~/.m2/repository/=

You could store the password in unencrypted form by updating to:

#Wed Jan 19 22:06:33 EST 2011
http\://localhost\:8080/plugin/maven-repo/=system\=manager
~/.m2/repository/=

Or even remove the localhost url. E.g.:

#Wed Jan 19 22:06:33 EST 2011
~/.m2/repository/=

Would be nice if you (or somebody else that can recreate this) can help figure out what is
going wrong. Set a breakpoint on line 73 of framework/modules/geronimo-crypto/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/crypto/AbstractEncryption.java

Base64.decode() should be returning a byte[186] I'm guessing you're getting a different result.
Or a byte array of proper length, but incorrectly decoded values...

--kevan