geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception during startup for little-g (Tomcat) 2.2.1
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:30:23 GMT

On Jan 20, 2011, at 9:49 AM, Bill Brown wrote:

> Hi kevan:
>
> Thanks for helping me with this
>
> My plugin-repositories.properties file looked like this:
>
> bill@ubuntu:/opt/geronimo/var/config$ more plugin-repositories.properties
> #Sun Jan 16 20:25:07 CST 2011
> http\://localhost\:8080/plugin/maven-repo/=system\={Simple}null
> ~/.m2/repository/=

Interesting. Well, that's definitely the problem.

> Maybe somehow the packaged version of little-g I downloaded was corrupt or
> somehow missing the encrypted creds.  I changed it to your other
> recommendation of adding the unencrypted username and password for the admin
> and the error went away.
>
> How can I add the encrypted format of the username and password to that file
> so it is better hidden?

If you replace "{Simple}null" with "manager" and restart the server, the password will be
automatically obfuscated by the server.

Would be good to know how the null got there... Perhaps you ran into an earlier problem that
resulted in an encryption failure (resulting in a null). If you restart the server (password
is obfuscated) and then restart the server without seeing the error, all should be well...

> Thanks for your help.

No problem. Glad we got this figured out...

--kevan