geronimo-user mailing list archives

From KHAksnes <>
Subject JAX-RS and Geronimo
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:02:25 GMT

Does anyone have a recomended way of creating JAX-RS web services using
I want to use released production ready versions of Geronimo (either 2.2.1
or 2.1.7)
I have been considering implementing my Rest services as web applications
either using CXF or WINK. The cleaner solution using annotated Stateless
Enterprise beans is difficult to implement without full EE 6 support in
What worries me most is class loader issues and version conflicts when
integrating either CXF or WINK into a WAR (reverse classloading might or
might not be a good idea)
A particular solution that might work is to use CXF 2.1.9 and the Jetty/CXF
version of Geronimo 2.2.1, if this works I might only need to add the JAX-RS
related jars from CXF to my web application. I will be running JAX-WS based
web services, using annotated Stateless Enterprise beans and CXF on the same
servers. I am using Maven so the my ideal solution is a working pom :-)
Sent from the Users mailing list archive at

View raw message