geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jcyim <>
Subject tomcat logs
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 05:53:58 GMT

I am using geronimo 2.2 with tomcat in redhat linux.
I was trying to see logs when lifecycle of Web Application (WAR) changed.
because I wanted to check whether Web Application properly
installed/uninstalled/started/stopped using viewing geronimo log files.

I was struggling with the server configuration file which is, especially I modified the configuration of catalina
log setting part of the server configuration file serveral times in a
different way.

but, I could not get the any log related tomcat in geronimo.log or/and
It seems to me that the configuration for catalina parts has no any effect.

(I am not talking about access log-it works fine for me)

anyone knows answer?

one more question, according to default setting of,
I expect that
logs in geronimo.out and geronimo.log are supposed to be almost same. but
the contents of two log files are quite different. why is that?

Sent from the Users mailing list archive at

View raw message