geronimo-user mailing list archives

From han hongfang <hanhongf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException when publishing with Geronimo Eclipse Plugin v2.1.7
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:59:49 GMT
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Martin Hejl <martin.hejl@guh-software.de>wrote:

> Hi Janet,
>
> thank you for creating the JIRAs.
>

> For Utility project, the solution is
>> 1. In SampleUtility project, export the project into a jar, e.g.,
>> SampleUtility.jar
>> 2. In SampleEAR project, create a lib folder under EarContent folder,
>> and then copy SampleUtility.jar into lib folder
>> 3. In SampleEJB project, add SampleUtility.jar as external JARs in
>> Libraries tab of java build path panel
>> With above changes, the SampleEAR project can be published successfully
>> in eclipse.
>>
> is that a workaround, or the proposed solution?

Yeah, this should be a workaround before
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-690 is fixed.

> Replacing a Utility Project with a static jar sounds very much like the
> discussion brought up in
>
> http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/Eclipse-Utility-Projects-with-2-1-2-td339278.html
> and
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-513
>
> I guess my question is - has support for Utility Projects been dropped with
> 2.1.7 (since it it's packaged as a static jar, one could just use a plain
> old Java project as well)?

I don't see the intention to drop the support for Utility Project in 2.1.7.
There should be a bug somewhere broken this function. For statis jar, I
agree plain old java project is enough.

--
Best regards,

Han Hong Fang (Janet)