geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hejl <martin.h...@guh-software.de>
Subject Re: NullPointerException when publishing with Geronimo Eclipse Plugin v2.1.7
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:26:10 GMT
Hi Janet,

thank you for creating the JIRAs.

> For Utility project, the solution is
> 1. In SampleUtility project, export the project into a jar, e.g.,
> SampleUtility.jar
> 2. In SampleEAR project, create a lib folder under EarContent folder,
> and then copy SampleUtility.jar into lib folder
> 3. In SampleEJB project, add SampleUtility.jar as external JARs in
> Libraries tab of java build path panel
> With above changes, the SampleEAR project can be published successfully
> in eclipse.
is that a workaround, or the proposed solution?

Replacing a Utility Project with a static jar sounds very much like the
discussion brought up in
http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/Eclipse-Utility-Projects-with-2-1-2-td339278.html
and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-513

I guess my question is - has support for Utility Projects been dropped
with 2.1.7 (since it it's packaged as a static jar, one could just use a
plain old Java project as well)?

Best regards,
Martin