geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hejl <martin.h...@guh-software.de>
Subject Re: NullPointerException when publishing with Geronimo Eclipse Plugin v2.1.7
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:53:11 GMT
Hi again,

after a little bit of debugging, it seems to me that the problem is that
I've deleted ejbModule/META-INF/openejb-jar.xml in the SampleEJB
project, as is suggested in
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html

Since that file is gone, the check
file.getName().equals(GeronimoUtils.OPENEJB_PLAN_NAME) && file.exists()
in DependencyHelper Line 538 is false, so "environment" in
DependencyHelper Line 442 is never set for the EJB project.

Did I misread the instructions to delete ejbModule/META-INF/openejb-jar.xml?

By the way, a NullpointerException also occurs if one adds a "Utility
Project" to the EAR (since there's only handling for Web, EJB, EAR, RAR
and AppClient modules).

Maybe I'm simply misunderstanding how Geronimo works (I've been using
JBoss for a long time, and have just started using Geronimo).

> Another investigation is that let me try your projects in my
> environment, can you attach your projects in the mail?
I'll send them off list

Best regards,
Martin