geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Utility Project/Library (Geronimo + Eclipse) - how to?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 21:20:05 GMT
if your project is a war do not use the manifest class-path, just get your utility jar into
WEB-INF/lib

if its an ear, still don't use the manifest class-path but put it in lib/ in the ear (this
is an javaee 5 feature that works better than manifest class-path)

Or use a geronimo plan, install the jar in the geronimo repository, and have a geronimo dependency
from the ee project to the utility jar.  This will result in the utility jar being loaded
in a single separate classloader so the jar is shared across all uses.  The first two choices
well give you a separate copy per war or ear.

david jencks