geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rysiek <rys...@menel.com>
Subject Utility Project/Library (Geronimo + Eclipse) - how to?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 19:18:49 GMT

Hello,

I have a problem with making a utility library for Geronimo 2.2 in Eclipse
(newest Eclipse Java EE).

I idea is to create a project (New Project -> Utility Project) make few
shared classes for other projects and then use it in other applications
(Dynamic Web Project). I add the utility project to dependency (Project ->
Properties -> Java Build Path -> Projects). Eclipse seems to see the library
but when I start the web application I got a message that class is not
found:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.test.TestUtil in
classloader default/webtest/1.0/car
TestUtil class is very simple:
	public static void TestMethod(String arg1) {
		System.out.println("Hello world: "+arg1);
	}
And the web application is also simple:
	protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response) throws ServletException, IOException {
		TestUtil.TestMethod(request.getRequestURI());
	}

The projects is published without error, but when I do a get request I got
ClassNotFoundException.

What can I do to fix this?

(I'm new at J2EE programming and Geronimo)

Thanks