geronimo-user mailing list archives

From sim085 <sim...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo + Derby + Datasource
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:25:41 GMT

Thanks for your reply.

> what happens if you start at step 5 and let the connection pool create the
> db for
> you when you request the first connection, and do steps 4 and 5 from the
> run sql window?

If I start from step 5 it seems that the database does not get created (I
can not see it from the DB manager) and when I try to run the sql to create
the table I get the same error as before. Here are the steps I followed;

1. Goto Database Pools.
2. Click on link "Using the Geronimo database pool wizard".
3. Set Database Pool Name to "MyDatasource2" and Database Type to "Derby
embedded" (click next)
4.  Set Database Name to "MyDatabase2" (left all other fields blank and
clicked deploy)
NOTE: made sure that create database is set to true.
5. Run sql script to create table (I get the same error as before).
6. Goto DB Manager (MyDatabase2 does not show up).

> If this doesn't work or is unacceptable for some reason can you let us
> know
> which geronimo version you are using?

I am using geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2.1