geronimo-user mailing list archives

From KHAksnes <khaks...@gmail.com>
Subject GEP version blues
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:46:43 GMT

My environment: Helios with Geronimo 2.1.6 and 2.2.1.
My problem: Which GEP version to choose?

Each version seems to have their own serious problem:
GEP 2.1.x doesn't support 2.2.1 as far as I know.
GEP 2.2 have problems editing openejb-jar.xml
GEP 3.0 fails to deploy EARs to Geronimo 2.2.1

The obvious solution is likely to be GEP 2.2.1. but unfortunately it isn't
released yet.

We started a project this summer using Geronimo 2.2 but had to switch to
2.1.x due to a couple of serious bugs in 2.2. Now when 2.2.1 is out we wan't
to switch to it checking for compatibility etc. To ease this process we need
support for both 2.1.6 and 2.2.1 in the same environment.