geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jbeck <surfer.m...@gmail.com>
Subject struts2 with Geronimo
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 04:10:32 GMT

I'm somewhat comfortable with struts2 and now learning about geronimo

Is combining these 2 technologies a good idea?

I don't want to use httpServlet class to write dynamic info to the view as
in the geronimo examples, and with struts this is not necessary.

I want to leverage Struts validation, action mapping, struts-enhanced HTML
tags, and reduce the amount of code in my jsp pages. But also want to create
enterprise apps.

At this point i'm not sure how to do this - or if it makes sense - A) do I
need a geronimo-web.xml?

I have deployed a sample struts application to geronimo, I needed to compile
the struts app with ANT, and copy the WAR to the geronimo deploy directory
manually.

I didn't use any EJB or EE or JPA components. Is it wise/useful to try and
mix struts and geronimo when creating an enterprise application?

Any advice or specifics would be appreciated. Or pointers to examples.
Using struts2, java 6, geronimo2.2.

jbeck