geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jbeck <surfer.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Deploying source code using geronimo2.2/eclipse/GEP
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 01:20:31 GMT

When I follow the tutorial steps: creating an eclipse "dynamic web app"
HelloWorld:

https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-a-hello-world-web-application.html

and "run as->run on server" I get  "resource not found" - UNLESS I do a
eclipse "project file->export-> export war" into the Geronimo deploy
directory.

This step is NOT shown in the HelloWorld tutorial on the geronimo cwiki
tutorial/web site.

Is it missing from the tutorial, or should "run on server" take care of this
extra step?

Any idea why it is not being deployed, or is the export war file always
required?

Thanks in advance