geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Starting geronimo after a crash
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:15:53 GMT

On Dec 20, 2010, at 8:04 AM, Faw wrote:

> When geronimo crashes, because of a bad webapp I'm testing, power failure,
> too many redeploys it fails to start because something in the activemq-data
> folder is in an invalid state. After I delete the DefaultActiveMQBroker
> folder inside activemq-data geronimo works again. Is there a way to tell
> geronimo to always recreate that folder on startup even if it exists?

No, and that's a good thing.  That's where activemq stores information about messages that
are received but not delivered or in various states of transaction completion.  I imagine
you have run into an activemq bug of some kind.  What geronimo version are you using?  The
2.1.x series is stuck on an exceedingly old and pretty much unmaintained activemq version.

If you aren't using jms, you could turn off the activemq related plugins.

thanks
david jencks