geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: migration to geronimo 2.2
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 19:58:20 GMT

On Sep 22, 2010, at 11:16 AM, brunoC wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a geronimo server version 2.1.3 and i'd like to move to Geronimo 2.2.
> Is there a way to extract Db_pool config from 2.1.3 as a xml and use
> deploy.sh  to deploy the db-pool to geronimo 2.2.

The plan used for deployment would be in the server's repository. For example, I created a
database pool named Foo. The plan for the database pool is here -- repository/console/dbpool/Foo/1.0/Foo-1.0.car/META-INF/plan.xml

This plan could be used to deploy to a new server. You may need to update the dependency in
the plan for the appropriate database driver/version...

You can also export a Geronimo plugin that could be used to install the pool into a new server.
You'd also need to update the versions in the .car file (and also may include the tranql drivers,
which might not be at the same version as the G 2.2 drivers).

--kevan