geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: migration to geronimo 2.2
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 20:08:31 GMT

On Oct 1, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2010, at 11:16 AM, brunoC wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> I have a geronimo server version 2.1.3 and i'd like to move to Geronimo 2.2.
>> Is there a way to extract Db_pool config from 2.1.3 as a xml and use
>> deploy.sh  to deploy the db-pool to geronimo 2.2.
>
> The plan used for deployment would be in the server's repository. For example, I created
a database pool named Foo. The plan for the database pool is here -- repository/console/dbpool/Foo/1.0/Foo-1.0.car/META-INF/plan.xml

I hope I'm wrong but I think that saving the plan was a feature I implemented for 2.2.  IIRC
the 2.1servers don't save your plan :-(

> This plan could be used to deploy to a new server. You may need to update the dependency
in the plan for the appropriate database driver/version...

> You can also export a Geronimo plugin that could be used to install the pool into a new
server. You'd also need to update the versions in the .car file (and also may include the
tranql drivers, which might not be at the same version as the G 2.2 drivers).

I'm not sure if a 2.1 plugin is very likely to work in a 2.2 server.... again I hope it works
better than I expect.

david jencks