geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: migration to geronimo 2.2
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 20:08:33 GMT

On Sep 22, 2010, at 11:16 AM, brunoC wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a geronimo server version 2.1.3 and i'd like to move to Geronimo 2.2.
> Is there a way to extract Db_pool config from 2.1.3 as a xml and use
> deploy.sh  to deploy the db-pool to geronimo 2.2.

The plan used for deployment would be in the server's repository. For example, I created a
database pool named Foo. The plan for the database pool is here -- repository/console/dbpool/Foo/1.0/Foo-1.0.car/META-INF/plan.xml

This plan could be used to deploy to a new server. You'd also probably need to update the
dependency in the plan... And also may need to specify the .rar when deploying to the new
server

Alternatively, you can also export a Geronimo plugin that could be used to install the pool
into a new server. However, we don't really set this up for major version upgrades. So, you'd
also need to update the versions in the plan xml files in the exported .car file (and the
.car may include the tranql drivers, which might not be at the same version as the G 2.2 drivers).

--kevan