geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Atomic Integer missing when deploying Grails 1.3.4 application to Geronimo 2.2
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:38:31 GMT

On Oct 18, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Scott Ryan wrote:

> I am trying to deploy a grails 1.3.4 application to geronimo 2.2 and have used the following
geronimo-web.xml file in my application.

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
>     <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
>         <moduleId>
>             <groupId>com.triplecreekassociates</groupId>
>             <artifactId>OM5</artifactId>
>             <version>5.0.0-RC1</version>
>             <type>war</type>
>         </moduleId>
>         <hidden-classes>
>             <filter>org.springframework</filter>
>             <filter>org.apache.cxf</filter>
>             <filter>org.apache.commons</filter>
>         </hidden-classes>
>     </environment>
>     <context-root>/om5</context-root>
> </web-app>
>
> There is a lot of conflicting information on how to do this deployment but when I run
with this configuration from the IBM developer site website I get the following error:

> 2010-10-18 15:52:23,149 ERROR [StackTrace] Sanitizing stacktrace:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GroovyCategorySupport.getCategoryNameUsage(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/concurrent/atomic/AtomicInteger;
> 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.<init>(AbstractCallSite.java:46)
> 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.<init>(CallSiteArray.java:35)
> 	at CkeditorUrlMappings$__clinit__closure1.$createCallSiteArray(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
> 	at CkeditorUrlMappings$__clinit__closure1.$getCallSiteArray(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
> 	at CkeditorUrlMappings$__clinit__closure1.<init>(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
> 	at CkeditorUrlMappings.<clinit>(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
>

> Do I have a mismatch in the server I am trying to use since groovy has been upgraded
in grails recently?

I have no idea about this but will note that AFAICT reasonably up to date groovy doesn't seem
to work with maven 3, the gmaven plugin seems pretty completely broken.  I got weird errors
about something like a class isn't an instance of its superclass.  It made me think that there
is something dreadfully wrong in groovy classloading, but I have no actual evidence for this
and have no idea how to investigate.  I'd say if you can try with an earlier groovy version
you might make more progress.

david jencks