Ivan,
Thanks for your response - this sounds like a good option. I tried creating a geronimo-service.xml according to some instructions I found (http://www.chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-1.1/gbeans-modules.html#id2646361) but I'm getting the following error:

Deployment Failed
Cannot deploy the requested application module because no deployer is able to handle it. This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are trying to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that does not have EJB support installed.

I used the following geronimo-service.xml and tried installing it directly (without a JAR) and also packaging it in under META-INF in an empty JAR:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/deployment-1.2">
<environment>
<moduleId>
<groupId>MyApp</groupId>
<artifactId>ClassPath</artifactId>
<version>1.0</version>
<type>jar</type>
</moduleId>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs
</groupId>
<artifactId>system-database</artifactId>
<version>2.1.5</version>
<type>car</type>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
<non-overridable-classes>
<filter> org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource</filter>
</non-overridable-classes>
<inverse-classloading/>
</environment>
<gbean name="SharedLib" class="org.apache.geronimo.system.sharedlib.SharedLib">
<attribute name="libDirs">
/data/support,/data/MyApp/lib,/data/MyApp/libext
</attribute>
<attribute name="classesDirs">
/data/support/conf,/data/MyApp/database,/data/MyApp/conf
</attribute>
<reference name="ServerInfo">
<name>ServerInfo</name>
</reference>
</gbean>
</module>

Am I going about this the right way? I appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Inactive hide details for Ivan ---09/15/2010 09:16:04 PM---IIRC, the SharedLib only takes affect on the runtime. One workaroundIvan ---09/15/2010 09:16:04 PM---IIRC, the SharedLib only takes affect on the runtime. One workaround is that first deploy a geronimo

Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com>

user@geronimo.apache.org

09/15/2010 09:16 PM

Re: Unable to classload servlet class using SharedLib GBean

IIRC, the SharedLib only takes affect on the runtime.
One workaround is that first deploy a geronimo service module which contains the sharedlib gbean, and then add it as a dependency for your ear application, it should work.