geronimo-user mailing list archives

From dsh <daniel.hais...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: No Plugin's Installable?
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:13:16 GMT
Hey David,

I am interested in the CXF/OSGi integration part but actually don't
know where and how to start. Do you have any pointers?

Thanks!

Daniel

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2010, at 8:33 AM, fei0x wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> I'm new to Geromino, just trying it out really to see if it could replace
>> ServiceMix, since ServiceMix has poor web app support at the moment, and
>> we're looking to build some web applications .
>>
>> So I'm trying to deploy our apps on Geromino but we require CXF, I saw that
>> there are some CXF plugins but it appears that all the plugins at:
>> http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-3.0/ say they are not
>> installable, is there some setup required to get these plugins? or is this a
>> bug?
>>
>> I'm using the 3.0-M1 version of Geronimo in Ubuntu 10.04 with java version
>> "1.6.0_20"
>
> Currently no web services at all work on geronimo 3.  We plan to work on them (cxf,
axis2, and axis for legacy jaxrpc support) after we get a little further with the web profile.
 If you want to help getting cxf working in g 3 that would be wonderful and we will gladly
give you lots of advice, otherwise you may want to try geronimo 2.2 which unfortunately has
no osgi support.