geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timestamp precision with oracle is only 1/1000 sec. (Geronimo 2.1.2)
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:39:18 GMT

On Sep 17, 2010, at 7:58 AM, rbaumhof wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> we are using Oracle database. I discovered that timestamp values on
> insert/update are cut at 1/1000 sec. However if i update the data in
> database, it is transfered to the timestamp up to a nanosecond (10 up 12).
>
> The bean's instance var is of type java.sql.Timestamp. I also tried the
> @Temporal annotation but without success??
>
> Any hint what i could do to get nanoseconds on insert into database??
>
> much thanks in advance,....

2.1.2 is kind of old. Would recommend upgrading. Note that Donald has asked some questions
in the associated Jira ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5617 ):

Do you have precision settings set for this field as annotations or in a orm.xml?
Can you post your persistence.xml, entity and orm.xml (if using one)?

--kevan