geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem starting geronimo (ActiveMQ)
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 02:55:14 GMT

On Sep 22, 2010, at 2:39 PM, Faw wrote:

> I'm testing geronimo and porting my cocoon app to it, and like in any testing
> environment, things crash. So after geronimo died, tried to start it and it
> wont run. I deleted the installation installed again, and still wont run.
> Does geronimo installs/uses/saves stuff in other directories other than its
> own?

Hmm. Thanks for the note. Sounds like there are potentially 3 problems:

1) Why did Geronimo crash in the first place? Do you have information on the initial failure?
2) Restart should not fail. I assume the restart failure is the following EOFException?
3) Reinstalling Geronimo should definitely clear up the restart failure. Did you fully delete
the existing installation? We shouldn't be using anything outside of the geronimo install
directory.

When did you build Geronimo? I didn't think we were using Kaha (that switch was reverted a
while back). Regarding the actual exception, that is an ActiveMQ problem. If we have a consistent
way to recreate, that would be useful.

--kevan