geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: No Plugin's Installable?
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:44:23 GMT

On Sep 27, 2010, at 8:33 AM, fei0x wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new to Geromino, just trying it out really to see if it could replace
> ServiceMix, since ServiceMix has poor web app support at the moment, and
> we're looking to build some web applications .
>
> So I'm trying to deploy our apps on Geromino but we require CXF, I saw that
> there are some CXF plugins but it appears that all the plugins at:
> http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-3.0/ say they are not
> installable, is there some setup required to get these plugins? or is this a
> bug?
>
> I'm using the 3.0-M1 version of Geronimo in Ubuntu 10.04 with java version
> "1.6.0_20"

Currently no web services at all work on geronimo 3.  We plan to work on them (cxf, axis2,
and axis for legacy jaxrpc support) after we get a little further with the web profile.  If
you want to help getting cxf working in g 3 that would be wonderful and we will gladly give
you lots of advice, otherwise you may want to try geronimo 2.2 which unfortunately has no
osgi support.

david jencks