geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Subject From Tomcat to Geronimo with tomcat
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:43:10 GMT
Hello all:
I am looking at the options I have to use geronimo for some J2EE apps.

Currently we are running regular web applications on tomcat. I want to use geronimo as a tomcat
replacement. Modifiying the existing applications to deploy on geronimo is a path
that I like to avoid. I have few ideas, and I hope one of them would
work.

1- deploy the existing applications to geronimo without using deploy plan (some
    of them contains security realm "jetspeed is one of them"). Is this
    possible ?

2- Use the existing tomcat instance for geronimo. If what I am thinking
    about is possible, I don't have to modify the existing tomcat, just configure
    geronimo to use it (too good to be true !).

The final result wold allow me to run webapp only on tomcat, and I can
deploy j2ee apps through G2.2 deploy command.

Any ideas ?