geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Faw <fawzib.ro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem starting geronimo (ActiveMQ)
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:31:34 GMT

kevan wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2010, at 2:39 PM, Faw wrote:
>
> Hmm. Thanks for the note. Sounds like there are potentially 3 problems:
>
> 1) Why did Geronimo crash in the first place? Do you have information on
> the initial failure?
> 2) Restart should not fail. I assume the restart failure is the following
> EOFException?
> 3) Reinstalling Geronimo should definitely clear up the restart failure.
> Did you fully delete the existing installation? We shouldn't be using
> anything outside of the geronimo install directory.
>
> When did you build Geronimo? I didn't think we were using Kaha (that
> switch was reverted a while back). Regarding the actual exception, that is
> an ActiveMQ problem. If we have a consistent way to recreate, that would
> be useful.
>
> --kevan

1) Dont remember the reason, it was a memory one I think it was all the
deploy/redeploy i did through testing.
2) I forgot to mention I'm starting Geronimo through the Eclipse plugin, it
still fails. I tried running it from outside eclipse (startup.bat) and it
ran ok.
3) I deleted the geronimo directory, installed again and it runs from the
outside but not from eclipse. I think something is messed up in eclipse that
is making it crash on startup.

Anyway I'll run from outside eclipse for now.