geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Faw <fawzib.ro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secure WebService with BASIC Authentication
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:08:44 GMT

Ivan Xu wrote:

> There is a test case for ejb security web service sample, please refer to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.2/testsuite/webservices-testsuite/jaxws-tests/jaxws-ejb-sec
>
> Ivan

I was able to create a secure webservice using the sample. Thanks for the
help. The only problem I have now is that it is securing every method, the
"http-method" items aren't working. I wanted the WSDL visible (GET) while
keeping the actual requests (POST) secured. Is not really that big of a
deal, just an annoyance. This is my config:

<ejb:web-service-security>
     <ejb:security-realm-name>geronimo-admin</ejb:security-realm-name>
     <ejb:transport-guarantee>NONE</ejb:transport-guarantee>
     <ejb:auth-method>BASIC</ejb:auth-method>
     <ejb:http-method>POST</ejb:http-method>
     <ejb:http-method>PUT</ejb:http-method>
   </ejb:web-service-security>