geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy cocoon 2.2 in geronimo
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:15:28 GMT

On Sep 10, 2010, at 5:23 PM, Faw wrote:

>> Do you have a pointer to a war file (sample app) that exhibits this
> problem?
>
> This is the created war: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EI0ZMKRQ
>
> Simple test war I made using the m2eclipse plugin. I don't know if it is
> build correctly (since i cant test it). I just created a maven project, used
> the cocoon22-webapp archetype, created a block using the cocoon22-block
> archetype, installed the block, set dependency on webapp, packaged webapp
> (all jar files are in the WEB-INF/lib including the block one)
>

>> Are you sure that the war file contains WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml and
> the xml file is not in a
>> different location?
>
> I opened the war with 7zip and the file is there.
>
>> You can be sure there's not interference between the version of spring
> packaged in your war file
>> and the version of spring used by geronimo, you can try the following
> deployment plan (e.g.
>> ./deploy.sh deploy <your-app> nospring.xml). Where nospring.xml contains:
>
> Version in war is different from geronimo (war=2.5.1, geronimo=3.0.3), tried
> the deployment file but just get a generic "deployment failed" exception.
> BTW im using windows, deploying using the deployment page in geronimo.

Thanks. I see there is a sample cocoon app, also -- http://cocoon.apache.org/1284_1_1.html

I'm able to deploy this app on a Geronimo tomcat assembly, but not a jetty assembly. I'm not
sure what to do after it's deployed... Somebody is eating the error that's causing the failure
in Jetty. Looks like somebody will need to degug on Jetty...

You're welcome to create a Jira... Hopefully somebody will have a look.

--kevan