The url for the latest snapshot is http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/server/binaries/2.2/20100815/
And we do have plan for a new 2.2.2 release, it should be out soon.

2010/8/16 <hpz@gmx.org>
Hi,

I am currently porting an application from jboss to geronimo and I am
encountering problems when calling a web-service:

 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong number of arguments: The bean
encountered a non-application exception; nested exception is:
       java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong number of arguments
       at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)
       at org.apache.geronimo.axis2.ejb.EJBMessageReceiver.receive(EJBMessageRe
ceiver.java:105)
       at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:173)
       at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostReq
uest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:167)
       at org.apache.geronimo.axis2.Axis2WebServiceContainer.processXMLRequest(
Axis2WebServiceContainer.java:437)
       at org.apache.geronimo.axis2.Axis2WebServiceContainer.processPOSTRequest
(Axis2WebServiceContainer.java:386)
       at org.apache.geronimo.axis2.Axis2WebServiceContainer.doService2(Axis2We
bServiceContainer.java:308)
       at org.apache.geronimo.axis2.Axis2WebServiceContainer.doService(Axis2Web
ServiceContainer.java:243)

I think the issue is similar to the problem mentioned here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-user/201006.mbox/%3C4C062C91.7030500@optitool.de%3E

It occurs independently of using axis2 or cxf. I am using geronimo-2.2
with tomcat with jdk 6.

The proposed solution was to get a 2.2.1 snapshot, however, I could not
find such a snapshot release. Have I to build it myself by using maven? Is there possibly some other workaround?

Best regards and thanks,
Hans-Peter

--
Ivan