Create a Geronimo plugin should be the best way to do it, or you might extend the Sharelib gbean, so that you could do anything you like :-)

2010/8/26 Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com>

> On Aug 25, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Anil Chawla wrote:
>
>> Ivan, thanks for the prompt response. Our intention is to provide our users with a WAR/EAR file and perhaps a simple startup script that they can edit to set the correct environment variables for their environment. It is good to know that there is a work-around like this but it might be a little too complicated for our users.
>>

> If you are willing to distribute your app as a "predeployed" geronimo plugin rather than an app that must be deployed on each server, you can include this config.xml info in the plugin.  The easy way is to use a maven project and the car-maven-plugin to package your app as a plugin.  The geronimo build has lots and lots of examples of how to set up the config.xml bits and default values for config-substitutions.properties such as the plugins/tomcat/tomcat subproject.

Right. To summarize, deploying as a geronimo plugin could simplify things to the point that a user would only need to modify a config-substitutions.properties property (or you provide a tool to do this or you allow the plugin deployment plan to be customized, prior to installation within the geronimo server.

--kevan

--
Ivan