Could you check that what is the actual JRE version in the log file var/log/geronimo.log ?
There should something like :
INFO  [Log4jService]   JVM in use        = ****

From the exception message, it seems that it is caused by JRE loads an old jaxb 2.0 api.
One solution is to upgrade the JRE on that machine, another solution is to download the jaxb 2.1 api package and place it in the endorsed directory, which is suggested by the exception message.