geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Anil Chawla <acha...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Substitution variables in gbean attribute value
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:10:00 GMT

Ivan, thanks for the prompt response. Our intention is to provide our users
with a WAR/EAR file and perhaps a simple startup script that they can edit
to set the correct environment variables for their environment. It is good
to know that there is a work-around like this but it might be a little too
complicated for our users.

Is there any other option for configuring external folders in our classpath
without putting a fixed path in geronimo-web.xml? For example, is there an
easy way to append to the classpath of the server when running geronimo.sh?
If so, we can just ask our users to set APP_HOME as an environment variable
and provide a startup script that runs gernonimo.sh with the right
parameters.

Thanks,

Anil Chawla

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com>
                                                       |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |user@geronimo.apache.org
                                                 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |08/25/2010 11:46 AM
                                                 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Re: Substitution variables in gbean attribute value
                                                 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

You could NOT use the substitution directly in geronimo-web.xml, but you
might try a workaround solution below, it should work :-)

a. After deploying your application into the server, then stop the server.
b. Open the var/config/config.xml, and find the segment for your
application.
c. Let's take the SharedLib as an example, add a xml fragment like :
    <gbean name="SharedLib">
        <attribute name="libDirs">${APP_HOME}/lib</attribute>

<attribute name="classesDirs">${APP_HOME}/conf</attribute>

    </gbean>
d. add the APP_HOME and its real value in the
var/config/config-substitutions.properties
e. Start the server, now it should use the value configured in the
config-substitutions.properties.