geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ed Hillmann <ed.hillm...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Q: Can I install Glassfish without an xterm?
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 04:39:30 GMT
Duh.  Ignore this message....

Sorry,
Ed

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ed Hillmann <ed.hillmann@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Subject: Q: Can I install Glassfish without an xterm?
To: user@geronimo.apache.org

Hi all.  I have a question about installing v2.1.1 of Glassfish.  The first
step is to run the JAR file in order to extract the files.  The first thing
it does is display a GUI window displaying the terms and conditions.  When
agreeing, the installation continues and completes.

However, is it possible to install Glassfish 2.1.1 without requiring
XTerm/X11?  If I run this in a console that isn't using an XTerm, I get the
following error:

(.:2098): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Thanks,
Ed