geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Substitution variables in gbean attribute value
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:13:45 GMT

> On Aug 25, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Anil Chawla wrote:
>
>> Ivan, thanks for the prompt response. Our intention is to provide our users with
a WAR/EAR file and perhaps a simple startup script that they can edit to set the correct environment
variables for their environment. It is good to know that there is a work-around like this
but it might be a little too complicated for our users.

> If you are willing to distribute your app as a "predeployed" geronimo plugin rather than
an app that must be deployed on each server, you can include this config.xml info in the plugin.
 The easy way is to use a maven project and the car-maven-plugin to package your app as a
plugin.  The geronimo build has lots and lots of examples of how to set up the config.xml
bits and default values for config-substitutions.properties such as the plugins/tomcat/tomcat
subproject.

Right. To summarize, deploying as a geronimo plugin could simplify things to the point that
a user would only need to modify a config-substitutions.properties property (or you provide
a tool to do this or you allow the plugin deployment plan to be customized, prior to installation
within the geronimo server.

--kevan