In the geronimo-web.xml file, there is a xml entry named security-realm-name, which is used to specify which realm will be used for the web application, it should be the gbean name of the realm.
Yes, there is also a xml entry named realm-name of the login-config, AFAIK, it will only used to show on the popping logon window of the browser.