geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic realms
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 17:16:05 GMT
Are you using basic, form, or some other kind of auth?

david jencks

On Jul 16, 2010, at 4:41 AM, Kees van Veen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I get a security realm name per deployed context ? We deploy several versions/instances
of our software on the same Geronimo server, and want the browser to remember username/password
per url.

> When deploying a web app we create a security realm name (in the plan) containing the
context to which we deploy, e.g. secure-context1, secure-context2. In the Geronimo console
I can see all the realms created, so that seems to be fine.

> My web.xml (and geronimo-web.xml) contain 'secure' as (generic) realm name, and that
is what the browser reports when I connect.

> Maybe a bigger question (for me) is: how does the security definition in the plan.xml
link back to the (geronimo-)web.xml or how can I link my web.xml/geronimo-web.xml to the realms
available ?