geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject j_security_check Question
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:06:48 GMT
Hi, I would like to use standard J2EE Form-based authentication using a
j_security_check request to authenticate a user against an Oracle
database. However, the password stored in the database is encrypted, and
the only way to authenticate against that database is to invoke a
stored-procedure passing the Usernanme/Password from the login form, and
the stored-procedure will return a 'Y' or 'N' indicating the
success/failure of the authentication. This doesn't seem to me to fit
into the "Database (SQL) Realm" that I see in Geronimo where a "User
SELECT SQL" statement is required to return two columns: Username and
Password.

Is this scenario easily possible with the current Security Realm types
in Geronimo ?? Or do I need to use the "Other" security realm type and
write a custom Login module ?? Examples would be appreciated. Thanks
much.....

--
Tim McConnell