geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kees van Veen <kees.vanv...@kewill.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic realms
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:47:49 GMT
Thanks Ivan for the reply.

That's indeed exactly what I want to achieve: a deploy time security realm.

I have a maven project, but then still I have to build ears for all
contexts used.

I was hoping to be able to overrule the <realm-name> in web.xml at
deploy time.

But ... after fiddling around I found 2 ways to get it to work:

    * if I edit the deployed geronimo-web.xml  and web.xml (under the
      repository tree), and run deploy.sh restart app
    * using 'jar' on the ear extracting the war, extracting web.xml and
      geronimo-web.xml from the war, edit that and update the war, and
      then the ear, and deploy that one

Regards,
Kees