geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kees van Veen <kees.vanv...@kewill.com>
Subject Dynamic realms
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:41:39 GMT
Hi,

How can I get a security realm name per deployed context ? We deploy
several versions/instances of our software on the same Geronimo server,
and want the browser to remember username/password per url.

When deploying a web app we create a security realm name (in the plan)
containing the context to which we deploy, e.g. secure-context1,
secure-context2. In the Geronimo console I can see all the realms
created, so that seems to be fine.

My web.xml (and geronimo-web.xml) contain 'secure' as (generic) realm
name, and that is what the browser reports when I connect.

Maybe a bigger question (for me) is: how does the security definition in
the plan.xml link back to the (geronimo-)web.xml or how can I link my
web.xml/geronimo-web.xml to the realms available ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kees