geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rjowens <rjow...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Farming-Application stops On All Nodes When "Master" Instance is Stopped
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:22:13 GMT

I have two installations of Geronimo 2.1.5 installed on the same test server.
Each installation has multiple instances.  I’ve created a cluster using
installation1, instance1 (nodeA) and installation2, instance2 (nodeB).  The
logs indicate that each node is a cluster member.

To help with application management, I’ve created a Farm with nodeA and
nodeB as the only members. The test application was successfully deployed to
the MasterConfigurationStore and is available on both nodes.  Also, stopping
the application using G_MASTER will stop the application on both nodes.  So
far, so good.  All seems to be working fine.

The problem comes when I do a graceful shutdown of the Geronimo instance
which I used to deploy the application to the MasterConfigurationStore
(nodeA). Shutting down this instance also causes the application on nodeB to
stop. Not so if I “kill -9” the specific instance process.
Is this the expected reaction to a graceful shutdown?

Also, I tried configuring the default instance of installation1 as a member
of the Farm and than deploying the app to it (rmi=1099).  The app deploys
okay to the clustered instances but the app on installation1, instance1
(nodeA) will not start and stop through the Farm.  Any suggestions?

Here’s some information on my configuration:

config-substitutions.properties

nodeA
PortOffset=200
ClusterNodeName=nodeA
WADIClusterName=WADI_CLUSTER
FarmName=WADI_FARM
RemoteDeployHostname=localhost

nodeB
PortOffset=410
ClusterNodeName=nodeB
WADIClusterName=WADI_CLUSTER
FarmName=WADI_FARM
RemoteDeployHostname=localhost

config.xml

nodeA

<module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/farming/2.1.5/car">
        <gbean name="NodeInfo">
            <attribute name="name">${ClusterNodeName}</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean name="ClusterInfo">
            <attribute name="name">${FarmName}</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/farming/2.1.5/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/farming/2.1.5/car,j2eeType=NodeInfo,name=nodeB"
gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.farm.config.BasicNodeInfo">
            <attribute name="name">nodeB</attribute>
            <attribute
propertyEditor="org.apache.geronimo.farm.config.BasicExtendedJMXConnectorInfoEditor"
name="extendedJMXConnectorInfo">
                <ns:javabean
class="org.apache.geronimo.farm.config.BasicExtendedJMXConnectorInfo"
xmlns:ns4="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/attributes-1.2"
xmlns:ns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment/javabean-1.0"
xmlns="">
                    <ns:property name="username">system</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="password">manager</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="protocol">rmi</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="host">localhost</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="port">1509</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="urlPath">JMXConnector</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="local">false</ns:property>
                </ns:javabean></attribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>

nodeB

<module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/farming/2.1.5/car">
        <gbean name="NodeInfo">
            <attribute name="name">${ClusterNodeName}</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean name="ClusterInfo">
            <attribute name="name">${FarmName}</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/farming/2.1.5/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/farming/2.1.5/car,j2eeType=NodeInfo,name=nodeA"
gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.farm.config.BasicNodeInfo">
            <attribute name="name">nodeA</attribute>
            <attribute
propertyEditor="org.apache.geronimo.farm.config.BasicExtendedJMXConnectorInfoEditor"
name="extendedJMXConnectorInfo">
                <ns:javabean
class="org.apache.geronimo.farm.config.BasicExtendedJMXConnectorInfo"
xmlns:ns4="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/attributes-1.2"
xmlns:ns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment/javabean-1.0"
xmlns="">
                    <ns:property name="username">system</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="password">manager</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="protocol">rmi</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="host">localhost</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="port">1299</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="urlPath">JMXConnector</ns:property>
                    <ns:property name="local">false</ns:property>
                </ns:javabean></attribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>

Application deployment:

deploy.sh -u system -p manager -port 1299 deploy --targets
"org.apache.geronimo.configs/farming/2.1.5/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/farming/2.1.5/car,j2eeType=ConfigurationStore,name=MasterConfigurationStore"
NodeDetection.zip geronimo-web.xml

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks