geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rsumner <r...@sumnerfamily.com>
Subject Re: inplace deployment and persistence.xml
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:44:07 GMT

Sure thing.  I spent the time to put some debug code in-place and figure out
the problem.  In PersistenceUnitBuilder.initContext(), there was no
condition being put in place for the the fact that the
moduleContext.getBaseDir() is not different regardless of whether or not the
ModuleContext was constructed with inPlaceConfiguration dir not being null.
Rather than changing the ModuleContext to help support a boolean for this
value (which I think probably might have been cleaner), I went a layer up
and checked to see if the configurationData of the rootEar had a null
inPlaceConfigurationDir which would indicate the same condition from above.
I adjusted the rootBaseFile and moduleBaseURI accordingly if it wasn't null
from the when the MoudleContext was built.

I've created a JIRA issue for it located here:

In addition, I've attached the fix here that I wrote for the 2.1.6 branch.

http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/file/n975531/inplace-persistencebuilder.patch
inplace-persistencebuilder.patch

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to contribute.