geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Billy Vandory <billy_vand...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.2 + Spring + Hibernate and a Geronimo managed DB Pool with XA driver
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 05:30:43 GMT

Hi David, thanks very much for that detailed reply.  Yes, I have a dependency
configured in openejb-jar.xml.  I also tried the lookup using the jca: but
it still fails.

the db is deployed:
jdbc/testmydb  	 default/wakapeek-persist-ear/1.0/ear  	running  	 Edit
Usage  Delete

this is in openejb-jar which reflects the module name

[openejb-jar]
<dep:dependency>
            	<dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            	<dep:artifactId>jdbc_testmydb</dep:artifactId>
            	<dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            	<dep:type>car</dep:type>
        	</dep:dependency>

in the geronimo-application.xml for the ear file i have

<app:module>
		<app:connector>tranql-connector-postgresql-local-1.2.rar</app:connector>
		<app:alt-dd>testmydb.xml</app:alt-dd>
	</app:module>

the testmydb.xml configures the connector, as in my previous post, but
here's the module config from the file:

 <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>jdbc_testmydb</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>car</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>

in application.xml for the ear file i have

  <module>
    <ejb>wakapeek-persist-ejb.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <connector>tranql-connector-postgresql-local-1.2.rar</connector>
  </module>

- my ejb project references the tranql connector

- i can have a @PersistenceContext inject the PU in my EJB and it works with
the entity manager

but i still can't do a lookup

here's my lookup now:

try {
	        DataSource ds = (DataSource)
ctx.lookup("jca:/default/wakapeek-persist-ear/JCAManagedConnectionFactory/testmydb");
	        Connection con = ds.getConnection();
		}
		catch (Exception e) {
			logger.error(e);
		}

using the above jca:/ i get the following:

ERROR [CategoryEJB] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: testmydb

in geronimo console, jndi viewer->resource adapter module:
*  console.dbpool/jdbc_testmydb_14/1.0/car

can you give me any other options?